Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 6: Read the Instructions

LSNED2010 page06_web

It pays to read the instruction manual.

We had trouble with our cable TV a few months ago. Ever since, I haven’t been able to get the VCR/DVD to pick up TV  stations. It works great for watching videos and DVDs, but no matter how many times I go into the menu and mess with the settings, it still won’t work. I wanted to tape Camp Rock 2 so ds could watch the entire movie (instead of just the first hour and then go to sleep). After an hour of frustration, climbing behind the TV set, messing with cables and finding one that ran from the VCR but had nowhere to hook into the TV, I pulled out the instruction manual (so glad I kept that!). A-ha! It seems dh messed with the cables when the cable TV wasn’t working & did not reconnect them properly! So glad I figured it out. Even though I didn’t get the whole movie recorded (yes, I need a DVR), I did get the final hour that ds hasn’t seen! Victory is mine!

1 comment:

Sue Althouse said...

Love the overlay on your photo! We have everything working except the VCR. Just can't figure that one out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails