Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Journal

Friday, November 25, 2011: Today, the day after Thanksgiving, was the official start of the Christmas season for me, and so the official start of my Christmas Journal. This year I plan to follow along with Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class, although I'll likely using her prompts in a different order. I also plan to mash up JYC with Ali Edwards' December Daily. I'm excited to get started!

Since this is most likely our last Christmas in our current house, I want to capture all the little details and go all out decorating. I want to savor the magic during this hectic time and enjoy the traditions our little family has established. I will record something each day, with words and photos (and other scrappy goodness) to document this, my favorite time of year.

Today, I had planned to work but stayed home sick (sadly, I was sick yesterday too and hubby did all of the cooking for our feast). The boy loves to decorate for any holiday, but by far Christmas is his favorite. After some pleading, I agreed to put up the tree. I had purchased some new filler ornaments and glitter decor last year after Christmas, so we had a lot to put on the tree! The boy shares my love of decorating and reminiscing as we pull out each ornament. I love sharing that with him.



The boy said it's our prettiest tree ever, and even placed his award ribbon from his 1st grade "prettiest" tree contest onto the tree. I have to agree with him - it looks pretty and is very full!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails