Friday, January 13, 2012

Leaping into Project Life 2012

Last year (2011) I jumped into Project Life, with the goal of taking a photo a day. I did a pretty good job of keeping up with the photos, but not so much with completing the pages and certainly not with posting them here. But this Leap Year, my approach will be a little different and, I think, have a better chance of success!

My plan is to complete each week’s spread on Sundays (and hopefully post here on Tuesdays). I’ll be concentrating on the week as a whole vs a photo each day. I think that will take a lot of pressure off.

Last year I used the Turquoise Edition of Project Life, and love, love the designs. This year, I’m going to use bits and pieces left from that and some other projects, particularly my travel journal. My journal was 6x8, so I conveniently have a bunch of strips that are 4x12 – perfect for 4x6 title cards and 3x4 journal cards. I’m also mixing in some great digital products from Robyn Meierotto, Karla Dudley and other Design House Digital Designers, along with some Ali Edwards digital brushes.

Here’s a peek at my cover page. I’m thrilled to pieces with it, although this photo of it isn’t so great. The photos I used weren’t necessarily showcase-quality images, but they tell the story. I plan to embrace imperfection in this album and focus on capturing the stories rather than the perfectly lit shot.

4_Life2012CB

Credits Digital Paper: Cool Kid Papers by Robyn Meierotto, Fun & Festive Papers by Robyn Meierotto; Journal Cards: Cool Kid by Robyn Meierotto, Fun & Festive Elements by Robyn Meierotto; Word Art: Today Brushes by Karla Dudley, The Story Word Art by Ali Edwards, Remember Word Art by Ali Edwards; Banner: Right Now by Karla Dudley; Brushes: Digi Essentials by Karla Dudley, Thick Alphabet + Numbers by Ali Edwards; Supplies Presentation Paper: Epson; Chipboard Letter: Scenic Route; Letter Stickers: American Crafts; Stickers: Simple Stories; Twine: Martha Stewart; Staples: Advantus; Ink: Technique Tuesday; Punch: Zutter; Pocket Page Protector: Becky Higgins

Hoping to get “caught up” on this long weekend and to do some major scrap supply purging.

Happy Scrapping!

~Carey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails