Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December!

Wow! December already?! We spent the days after Thanksgiving decorating for Christmas. The weather was perfect for hanging the lights outside – 75F at the end of November – can’t ask for much more than that!
My Christmas Journal: In 2007, I completed a Christmas Journal, and am sooo happy I did! Last year I planned to do it again, but I had a not-so-stellar Christmas season. So this year, I’m again participating in this class and reclaiming my Christmas, just as Shimelle did with her first Christmas journal. I’m starting the day after Thanksgiving, since that’s the official kick-off for the Christmas season.

Nov. 27, Manifesto: This Christmas, I pledge to record my thoughts, feelings and memories each day, through writing and photographs, and to create a scrapbook (eventually) documenting the season. By doing this, I am taking back my Christmas, the joy and love I feel about this time of year and sharing that with my family. I will relish the details and savor every moment!
I will post my pages (once I complete them) here and to my flickr account. I also plan to add a slideshow here from flickr just for my journal pages. :)
However you do it, be sure to slow down a bit this holiday season to document some of your favorite (or not-so-favorite) memories from this Christmas and Christmases past. You’ll be so glad you did.
From 2007:

1 comment:

Shona said...

I love the color combination of your page.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails